Offline vonTirpitz

• Panzer, vorwärts!
    • View Profile
  • Wilmington NC
Well I'm back after a two week coding binge on a project for work.  Sheesh.

Now I can go back and play with everything OP again.  I wonder if there are any Hobby King updates?

"Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities, we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college! You don't know what it's like out there! I've WORKED in the private sector. They expect results".

- Dr. Raymond Stantz
"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

-LT

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • Kansas, USA
I wonder if there are any Hobby King updates?
No updates from HK yet. Originally they said production in February and then I contacted them earlier this month and they said they were still goofing off. Communication with them is not great.

As soon as I know something, it will definitely be publicized.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline vonTirpitz

• Panzer, vorwärts!
    • View Profile
  • Wilmington NC
Re: Setting up a software development environment and other random experiments
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »
Alrighty then.  Long time between posts.   ::)

Hobby King ran a sale a week or so ago and I saw they had the TCB on sale so I pulled the proverbial 'trigger' and ordered two for $35 apiece.  Shipping and handling wasn't too bad at just under $8 considering they shipped from HK I think. 

The boards and accessories were well packaged and came with a printed quick start guide (from the OP site).  A quick glance at the pcb looked to me like they have replaced the MOSFETs so I am hopeful that I won't have to modify either board. 

I plan to fire up my development software and test the boards this weekend.  I'll post as I make progress.  Thanks Luke!

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

-LT

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • Kansas, USA
Re: Setting up a software development environment and other random experiments
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 11:05:13 AM »
Long time between posts but you also skipped all the drama from this summer so just as well. Good luck on your tinkering and I will be interested to hear how you get along.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
Open Panzer FAQs