Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
Reverse is like a switch
« on: July 06, 2018, 01:53:45 PM »
Hi Luke,

So on my KV2, just set up as you know, with TCB, HK 45A ESCs, Taigen sound card, 4:1 BB Taigen gears.  When trying to go into reverse it will go in about 1/2 the time, when it won't reverse, the sound will rev up but no movement.  I then have to release the stick and try again and it will back up.  This happens almost every other time.  In addition, the track recoil will happen about 1/2 the time. 

I have no delays in the transition/engine/transmission engagement, reverse speed at 70%. 

So I found I can make it happen when I want by simply nudging the throttle fwd, then try for reverse and it won't go in but sound and red light on TCB only.  It will happen every time if I repeat this.  If I then reverse again directly after the first try to reverse then it will reverse.  I thought perhaps it was a deadband issue, so I moved the deadbands for steering and throttle up to 35, but to no effect, it will still do the same issue.

Could this be a setup issue with the HK ESCs??

Thanks, Jerry

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
Re: Reverse is like a switch
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 02:18:58 PM »
Okay, sorry about that.  It was the setup on the ESC, once I held down the switch on each until I got a "beep-beep" it goes from practice mode (default) to climbing mode.  Now it works going in reverse and recoil every time.  Jerry

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Reverse is like a switch
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 11:03:19 PM »
You fixed it before I had a chance to reply! You're getting good.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion