Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Brian Tulk

• View Profile
  • south australia
TCB setup and sound
« on: July 06, 2018, 08:16:44 AM »
hello all, i have finally gathered all the various parts required to finalise my TCB install. This includes sabretooth ,taigen[panzer3/4] sound,yeah racing lights,turnigy radio,receiver,double pad metal tracks,all metal turret gearbox,and a fairly steep learning curve for a novice.I have read a lot of other posts on the forum and they have been a help in this adventure, I really understand 'outofmydepth' challenges as i have felt similarly inadequite in trying to sort it all out.Ok so got this far thanks to everyones input,however the sound set up from taigen [thanks to Mark at ozarmour] is a little anemic being only for panzer 3/4 ,as its in a challenger 2, the main issue other than being unable to use all the switches/functions on the turnigy 9x is that the sound cuts out at a seemingly low volume when applying throttle. Did think i had read somewhere o the site about this? The settings on the TCB are at a low level but not sure if this affects the taigen or only other sound cards. Any help would be great.thanks and good luck to all, Brian from south aus.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: TCB setup and sound
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 11:17:28 AM »
the main issue other than being unable to use all the switches/functions on the turnigy 9x
Is there something wrong with the TCB that it won't read all the channels on the 9x?

the main issue ... is that the sound cuts out at a seemingly low volume when applying throttle. Did think i had read somewhere o the site about this?
This is not something I've experienced before, or heard about. Do you mean that when you advance throttle the sound turns off? Does the engine shut-down sound play, or does the volume simply go away? If the latter, does the volume return when you release the throttle?

The settings on the TCB are at a low level but not sure if this affects the taigen or only other sound cards.
What setting are you referring to that is at a "low level"? There are really no settings for the Taigen sound card other than whether or not you want the turret sounds included.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Brian Tulk

• View Profile
  • south australia
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 05:33:43 PM »
Hi Luke, ok sorry about the rambling message, the sound problem seems to have sorted itself, i don't know but it was doing it on my test setup, with no motors connected,maby too much power from lipo ? To answer the Radio problem, that goes to the op set up, there are only 8 channels available upon setup in radio, of these number 7 i think is a
pot analog that doesn't come up when assigning functions.Luke don't worry about it at all , i am happy with it.Would like leopard 2 sonds tho,will post some pics of setting up soon and a video (when i work out how!) Thanks again, regards Brian

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 04:37:37 PM »
Ok, let me know if you have any problems with the Taigen sound card in the future. I'm sure it's not an issue with LiPo power since the TCB provides the Taigen with 5 volts regardless of what voltage you plug into the TCB.

If Radio Setup can read all 8 channels then you can definitely use all 8 channels for functions. But note that analog channels, which I'm assuming is how you've defined your Channel 7 pot, can only control analog functions; and digital (switch) channels can only control discrete functions.

If you are unsure whether a function is analog or digital, check out the Function List and note that each function has a (D) or an (A) next to its name.

For example if you select the function "Engine - Turn On" then no, you will not see the Channel 7 pot in the trigger source list, because that function requires a switch and you have defined channel 7 as a pot. If on the other hand you selected the function "Set Deceleration Level" then you will see your Channel 7 pot in the trigger source list, because that function requires a variable input.

Note that you don't have to define a pot as a pot in OP Config. It could be a pot on your transmitter but you are free to tell OP Config that is a switch, and vice-versa. By doing so you could actually turn the engine on or off with a physical pot to use our example above, though that doesn't make a lot of sense. There are some unusual situations where this kind of thing can be advantageous for advanced users, but most of the time it's not needed and I'm not recommending it to you now.

In your case I think the issue you encountered is that you didn't see that aux channel in the trigger list and assumed it wasn't working, but actually it was just hidden because it didn't make sense for the function you were assigning triggers to, and you will find that it automatically re-appears if you select an analog function.

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Brian Tulk

• View Profile
  • south australia
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 06:09:15 AM »
Ok, thanks Luke , got my pad and paper and making notes ready for the next round with tcb, its an interesting way of learning new things ,that being said also a constant reminder to check whats done as opposed to what should have been done, like revisiting the "functions list" which i did prior to buying tcb, but not before installing it the second time around. Oh well live and learn, will surely be more questions as i go thanks for your patience and prompt responses, regards Brian.