Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline sergevk

• View Profile
  • Russia
RC pass-though/pan servo
« on: July 03, 2018, 05:29:34 AM »
Hello, I've tried to configure extra RC outputs on TCB for manage additional servo. But only limited number of trigger sources are available for that (see attachment). Is it possible to add any AUX channel for RC Outputs? (for example make servo open/close something depend from 2-position switch: pos1 - open; pos2 - close)

Functions.png
RC pass-though/pan servo Functions.png
Views: 1264

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
Re: RC pass-though/pan servo
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 07:36:29 AM »
You mean maybe something like an "AND" function? That would be something i would like also..
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »
Sergey, the RC passthrough function will only accept "analog" aux channel inputs, yours must all be defined as "switches" since none show in your list of Trigger Sources.

Note that even if a channel on your radio is a switch, you are free to call it "analog" in OP Config. Then you can assign it to an RC Passthrough, and use it to control a servo exactly as you describe.

The switch/analog distinction is useful primarily for OP Config to display to you the appropriate internal functions that such triggers can control. But when you are just going to "pass-through" the signal, then it doesn't matter. Set your aux channel to analog so it can be passed-through, but on your transmitter it can be a switch or anything else.

Johnny, I don't know about an "AND" function... If you mean that you would like a single trigger source to control multiple functions, that is already possible.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline sergevk

• View Profile
  • Russia
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 03:23:14 PM »
Luke, thank you for explanation, that's exactly what I need :)

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 05:11:22 AM »
Johnny, I don't know about an "AND" function... If you mean that you would like a single trigger source to control multiple functions, that is already possible.

I mean that multiple triggers control ONE function. So IF Switch A = pos 2 AND Switch B = pos 2 THEN function 1 = TRUE

Something like that..

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 07:33:54 AM »
Hi,
this is a function of the Transmitter.
On every modern Transmitter
you can assign the switches freely
and create functions easily via mixer like IF THEN.

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 08:06:24 AM »

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 08:22:31 AM »

I know, but i sometimes have to deal with not-so-fancy transmitters with only 6 channels in which i cannot solve this.
While all the time i DO have a very Fancy TCB! Combining AND OR on triggers would be a very powerful tool, especially if i could combine stick and switch combinations!

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 01:11:15 PM »
I see what you mean Johnny. Of course with enough time and effort anything is possible, but the utility of every feature has to be weighed against the complexity it creates, and the number of people who might even want to use it, etc... Limitations have to exist and boundaries have to be drawn somewhere, if only for our own sanity; I think this is one of those cases.

From the very beginning the intent and design of the TCB was for it to be used with modern, high-channel-count radios. It doesn't even accept standard servo inputs! I don't know of any controller on the market today that can read 16 channels or give so many options for combining channels and functions. To use it with a 6 channel radio is to miss the point, it's like putting grocery cart wheels on a Ferrari. Tell your clients they need to upgrade! It surely can't be an issue of money, this is not a cheap hobby to begin with.

I agree with Jurgen, a new transmitter is the best solution in this case.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 02:20:24 PM »
From the very beginning the intent and design of the TCB was for it to be used with modern, high-channel-count radios. It doesn't even accept standard servo inputs! I don't know of any controller on the market today that can read 16 channels or give so many options for combining channels and functions. To use it with a 6 channel radio is to miss the point, it's like putting grocery cart wheels on a Ferrari. Tell your clients they need to upgrade! It surely can't be an issue of money, this is not a cheap hobby to begin with.

Hi Luke,
true words!

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 05:35:49 AM »
I'm always amazed where customers want to cut cost (transmitter) and then still want more and more functions.. But i will try to sell them fancy transmitters then!

bomber-explosion