Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
Random turret sound with TCB and Benedini Mini
« on: April 25, 2018, 09:30:37 PM »
Hi All,

I just got the Mini installed with the new adafruit amp into my T55A.  It came all pre-programmed from Thomas, ready to go.  Okay, now it seems I'm getting a random turret sound that goes off when it wants to, not a solid noise, but it skips a bit in what seems a random sequence, like its floating and needs to be tied down. 

Since we don't need to 'teach' the mini joystick positions any longer, any ideas on what could be going on?  I've emailed Thomas, who should get back to me soon, but was wondering if anyone else has had something similar?

Jerry

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Random turret sound with TCB and Benedini Mini
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 09:39:25 PM »
The signal from your radio is not steady and when it strays past center slightly the TCB thinks you are moving the turret so it tells the Benidini to play the turret sound.

You can try increasing the Deadband setting on your turret channel in OP Config on the Radio tab.

Are you using a PPM receiver? They are usually worse about drifting than the SBus/iBus receivers.

You can watch the drift in real time if you connect your TCB to OP Config and do the "Read Radio" routine. You'll see the channel quivering even though you aren't touching the stick.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 10:13:02 PM »
Thanks yet again, Luke, that did it.

I did the 'read radio' and it shows things bouncing around a bit on all 4 channels for control.  So I moved all to 25 vs the 15 default and that has done it.  I'm running the 9x PWM receiver with the HK PWM to PPM converter, so probably the worst of two worlds?  The sounds are so much more realistic now (I was using the PIII/PIV sound card from Taigen) but now it is in line with the video clips on Utube of the T55. 

Way Cooler....Jerry

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 10:20:33 PM »
I'm running the 9x PWM receiver with the HK PWM to PPM converter, so probably the worst of two worlds?
Yes, ha ha, probably. When I first observed the data for an SBus receiver I was very surprised, though I suppose I shouldn't have been, at how clean the signal is. For those the only variable would be the quality of the pots on the sticks of the transmitter, but with an analog setup (PPM is still analog) there is all kinds of low-level noise in the signal introduced at multiple points in the path from your transmitter to the receiver output.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion