Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline lauterbacher

• View Profile
  • Everett WA
TCB Power
« on: April 17, 2018, 10:11:28 PM »
I  have a 1/6th scale tank that I would like to run the tcb on, but my problem is that it is wired for 24 volts using 2 12 volt batterys. and I see were the tcb can only take up to 15 volts. what can I do.  i'm using 24 volts to my 2 esc's sabertooth 2 x 32 for my 24 volt motors and 24 volts to my small geared motors for  my turret and for gun elevation.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: TCB Power
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 10:47:07 PM »
You could power the TCB from only a single of your 12 volt batteries. But you would need to be very careful doing this, you need to give the TCB absolute ground and 12 volts. In other words, it matters which of the two batteries you use, if you supply it with relative ground and +24 volts you will have problems. So in other words, be sure you use the "low" battery and not the "high" battery.

The other solution which involves a small cost is to get a BEC (battery eliminator circuit) to power the TCB. The TCB runs on 5 volts but it needs a few volts higher than that to function correctly, most BECs output 5 volts exactly but you can find some with variable outputs such as the YEP BEC sold by Hobby King, and I'm sure there are others if you look around.

Or just get any of the various LM2596 buck converters sold on Amazon, eBay or wherever for a dime a dozen (well, close). These take a wide variety of input voltages and then you set the output to whatever voltage you want (so long as it is less than the input voltage). Feed the converter 24 volts, and just set the output to anything over 7 volts and feed that to the TCB.

You can continue to use 24 volts to your Sabertooth, they don't have to use the same voltage as the TCB so long as they all share a common ground.

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline lauterbacher

• View Profile
  • Everett WA
Re: TCB Power
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 02:24:30 PM »

Thank you for the replys.