Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline pandknz

• View Profile
  • Australia
Re: Torro Tiger II acoustic smoker
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 05:27:53 AM »
That is one nice looking tank, I like the tidiness of the electronic too, good work !!
Models that Move

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 12:38:48 PM »
Any more progress on files for the the 3D printed mounts for OP, RX, and TBS? 

Thanks,
Shad

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 01:40:35 PM »

Hi Shad, Yes.. I now also have a full interior for the Torro Kingtiger AND the Tiger.. Shame the TCB is discontinued by Hobbyking.. But i still have plenty lying around!
I will scrape the files together and post them tomorrow!
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 12:46:53 PM »

Hi Shad, Yes.. I now also have a full interior for the Torro Kingtiger AND the Tiger.. Shame the TCB is discontinued by Hobbyking.. But i still have plenty lying around!
I will scrape the files together and post them tomorrow!

Sounds great! 

Yes, sad HK quit with the TCB.  Time to sharpen the soldering skills and reflow skills so one can assemble on their own.

Thanks,
Shad

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 02:32:32 PM »
Not exactly "tomorrow" but better late than never! I recently got a lot of people asking about upgrading their Torro tanks to TCB board.. So i was quite busy lately..

Here one example of a Tiger 1 full metal from Torro/Taigen:

I had to modify the TCB mounting. The stick battery is quite a tight fit, but works nicely!

Smoker works like a charm:

And, as promised, my gift to the community! The STL files for both the Kingtiger and Tiger 1!
TCB Benedini carrier.stl
(66.39 kB ~ Downloads: 416)
TCB mount Kingtiger.stl
(339.54 kB ~ Downloads: 421)
TCB mount Tiger1.stl
(220.49 kB ~ Downloads: 422)
TCB Speaker housing.stl
(55.75 kB ~ Downloads: 402)
TCB Speaker top plate.stl
(92.07 kB ~ Downloads: 400)

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 10:21:32 AM »
Outstanding!  I am excited to try and print some of this, (newbie 3d printer here)
If you ever build a TCB/TBS holder for a Sherman (Taigen, HL, Tamiya) let me know, I could use one of those too.

Thanks so much for sharing those STLs!

Enjoy,
Shad

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 10:47:49 AM »
Outstanding!  I am excited to try and print some of this, (newbie 3d printer here)
If you ever build a TCB/TBS holder for a Sherman (Taigen, HL, Tamiya) let me know, I could use one of those too.

Enjoy,
Shad

You are welcome! I will be adding new holders for these models in time! I'm very curious about your builds and feedback!

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 05:22:11 PM »

Enjoy,
Shad

You are welcome! I will be adding new holders for these models in time! I'm very curious about your builds and feedback!

My builds are very very slow.  I get very little time to build.  My E8 is maybe 1/4 done and its been over a year since I started it.  I have the parts for a Firefly VC next to it patiently waiting also.  I am a rookie modeler and really slow at assembly and painting these things.  Ill keep at it though.  Real work takes most my time.

Thanks again,
Shad

Offline Snipah

• As Real as Models can sound
    • View Profile
  • New Zealand
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 08:55:46 PM »
Great work and many thanks for sharing your STL files, much appreciated!

Cheers
Snipah
As Real as Models can sound

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2019, 09:51:18 PM »

I'm very intrigued about your success on the acoustic smoker.  How does it push out the smoke??  I understand that the speaker cone moves up and down, pushing the air in and out through the hole to the smoke chamber, but without a check valve in there somewhere, how can it push out the smoke??  Isn't the net displacement of air zero?

Just curious.....since I tried a poor attempt at making one, with obviously no success.  Yours looks great, and I'm now working on a KT too.....

jerry

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2019, 02:28:54 PM »
Hi Jerry, Sorry for the late response. Too busy with many other things than tanks..

The trick about the acoustic smoker is that the Henglong smoker has the "pump" unit cut-off.
Then drill the teensy small hole to 4mm.. The speaker enclosure should be fully closed except for one single 4mm hole. Line up the two holes and eperiment with a little space between them!

Thats it! No membrane, valve or whatsoever.. Works like a charm!

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 04:46:27 PM »
Hi Johnnyvd,

Coincidentally my son now has access to a 3D printer, and he printed up a couple of speaker boxes, and battery/TCB holders for me....it fits a treat in my KT.  Thanks a bunch. 

As for the smoke flow, it didn't have enough push to put out enough through the tubes and exhaust pipes.  I could remove the tubes from the HL smoker box, and it would do okay, but not connected up.  So I drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the side of the box, location not important, and superglued a thin piece of plastic film from an old ipod lense cover over the hole on the inside....only one side of the piece (about 1/2 inch by 1.5 inches long) to make a rough reed valve configuration.  Then I also sealed the speaker wire hole with hot glue.  Now it is working much better to pump out the smoke. 

thanks so much for all your work,  Jerry

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 10:05:51 PM »
BTW, the KT set also fits the Taigen Panther, with a minor mod of chamfering the speaker box bottom to fit flush with the bottom plastic.  In case others are interested.....

Jerry

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2019, 03:03:14 PM »
Great to hear that you can use them! I normally don't have to use a valve or something, just close off the box and leave only the hole opposite of the smoker open. Keep some distance and it works like on the video!
if you have any other good idea's please let me know!

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2019, 02:10:07 PM »
Hi Johnnyvd,

So I now have two tanks with the smoker working with your 3D printed boxes/TCB mounts.  Works a treat.  As for improvements, well, would it be possible to print in the lower half of the smoker box?  That way no drilling or cutting up a good smoker.  My son printed mine in PLA, which I'm not sure would take the temperatures?? If printed in ABS, that should be okay?? Now if we can get just the smoker resistor, after printing the top of the box, we would be golden.

I really like that I have better sound now, as well as no pesky smoker noise in the background, as well as better smoke flow.

Thanks again,  Jerry
printedspeakerboxes.jpg
Torro Tiger II acoustic smoker printedspeakerboxes.jpg
Views: 2908

bomber-explosion