Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Amaral

• View Profile
  • Poland
Big problem with TBS Mini
« on: April 13, 2018, 03:43:13 PM »
Hi Luke.

I have problem with OP and Mini tandem. If I flash only engine sounds and assign volume control to 3-way switch - it works fine.

But when I add user sounds and cannon sound, OP or Mini goes crazy :(

TBS mini is configured good as pictures on OP Wiki said. Three user sounds are assigned to turret stick (only one works good). Booming cannon is assigned to 2-way switch and there is no sound. When I move throttle up (gas), Mini plays various sounds. Volume control works good.

I dont know whats going on. I want to use Mini instead of Micro, because of bigger memory, louder sound and possibility to add some extra sounds.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Big problem with TBS Mini
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 03:59:50 PM »
I have noticed the Mini can become confused and get sounds mixed up and generally give odd behavior. I am not sure what causes it, but I believe it happens when you load the sound files. The process I have started using is to:
  • Connect the Mini to the computer first (otherwise Flash won't see it). Mini must have power from some external source (can be TCB)
  • Open TBS Flash, select the COM port, connect
  • Load your sound files in TBS flash, and test each of them with the Play button to make sure they sound right
  • Save a sound file for backup
  • Write sounds to device
  • Click Disconnect in Flash
  • Remove Mini from computer, and remove power to Mini
  • Exit TBS Flash completely
It seems that if I try to play any sounds on the Mini without disconnecting, or I don't close Flash completely after loading sounds, that is when problems occur.

Also, be sure you are using TBS Flash V3.0.1 and that your Mini has V3.0.1 firmware installed.

As for whether the triggers on the TCB or working or not, please use the Snoop function in OP Config while you toggle your switch or move your turret stick. It will tell you if the user sounds are being played or not. If not you need to double-check your function triggers and maybe you need to run through Radio Setup.

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Amaral

• View Profile
  • Poland
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 05:04:55 PM »
THX for reply Luke.

Of course I have newest TBS Flash and Mini firmware.

When I click SNOOP, I see all settings in one window. Moving sticks or toggling switches do nothing. But in RADIO section, when I click READ RADIO sticks/switches seem to work fine.

Im using Turnigy 9x transmitter with standard Flysky module. Im connecting SBUS-PPM-PWM converter to receiver. I tested tank movement with brushless motors and it was great! Servos also work good. Only one problem I have - sounds.

If I dont find solution, I must use only engine sounds and changing volume function. Or waiting for mass produced OP Sound Card.

PS. Next month I will have FlySky Taranis Radio with SBUS receiver - will see with this.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 05:33:15 PM »
When I click SNOOP, I see all settings in one window. Moving sticks or toggling switches do nothing. But in RADIO section, when I click READ RADIO sticks/switches seem to work fine.
Do you have function triggers assigned? You mentioned using the turret stick to control user sounds. On the Functions tab you should have created a function trigger, an example would be "User Sound 1 - Play Once" assigned to "Turret Stick - Top Left"

Regardless of what the Benedini Mini does, if that function trigger is correctly assigned, when you move the turret stick to the top left position the Snoop window will show that you issued a command to play a user sound. See the attached image for an example.

I guarantee you the TCB works if set up properly. Most likely you are missing something very simple. When we can confirm that TCB is setup correctly, then we can move on to troubleshooting the Mini.

I still suggest you re-load your sounds to your Mini using the process I suggested. Once it gets confused there is no way to fix it until you recreate and reload the sound files.
Example.jpg
Big problem with TBS Mini Example.jpg
Views: 1658
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 01:30:55 AM »
Hi,
the sounds have the same samplerate?

Offline Amaral

• View Profile
  • Poland
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 05:49:42 AM »
Yes. Wave 8bit 22050Hz.

But engine sounds are from TBS file from Thomas. Additional sounds made by me and I put .wav files

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 08:00:03 AM »
Try loading the Thomas sound files to everything, use only his sounds from his downloads.  See if you can get it wotk that way first.  Also, make sure the sounds from the sound file are in the right parameter spot.  I was a little confused with this at first because they are not the same in the sound file page. 

Shad

Parameter.png
Big problem with TBS Mini Parameter.png
Views: 1205

Offline Amaral

• View Profile
  • Poland
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 05:31:52 AM »
I think Snoop doesnt work.. Look at image attached. In Snoop mode I move sticks and nothing happen..

In the TBS Flash there is also problem. In MISC tab, executing sounds doesnt work too. Program doesnt respond.

I must have both TBS soundfile from Thomas and wave files for additional sounds. It will be easier to put all wav files from hard disk. But I dont have sounds for Abrams.
snoop.png
Big problem with TBS Mini snoop.png
Views: 1088

Offline Amaral

• View Profile
  • Poland
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 06:06:19 AM »
Update:

I flashed all files as .wave from hard disk. In MISC tab I can execute Engine start. When I execute Cannon Fire, I hear "click" sound. 3 user sounds dont work - I dont hear anything.

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 10:12:20 AM »
Hi,
did you sort the Sounds in right order to the specific slots?

Look at the Wiki:
http://openpanzer.org/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:tcb:tcbinstall:sound_benedini_v3

Offline Amaral

• View Profile
  • Poland
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 10:41:47 AM »
Yes. Of course

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 01:22:15 PM »
It sounds like you are experiencing multiple problems. Let us focus on the Open Panzer TCB first.

I think Snoop doesnt work.. Look at image attached. In Snoop mode I move sticks and nothing happen.
Snoop works just fine or else you would see nothing. What doesn't seem to be working are your function triggers. Did you run through radio setup? Meaning, did you correctly save the stick centers and the min-max values? There is a whole page in the Wiki including a video to describe this.

In your screenshot I see you have LVC (low voltage cutoff) enabled at 6.6 volts, but you are powering the TCB only from the USB port (5 volts). In that configuration nothing will work until you attach a battery.

Please post your OPZ file for me to examine.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Amaral

• View Profile
  • Poland
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 02:57:36 PM »
Low voltage cutoff disabled. Now Snooping works fine. It shows User sounds.  So probably I must focus on TBS Mini.

I thought, voltage cutoff doesnt work when I program OP board.

Will send OPZ tomorrow if still needed

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 03:47:35 PM »
It sounds like your Mini has gotten confused. As mentioned, I have had this happen to me before. The sounds wouldn't play correctly even in TBS Flash, let alone when used with some other device like the TCB.

Try my process for loading the sounds listed at the beginning of this thread. Before that it wouldn't hurt to re-flash the Mini firmware so you know you are getting a clean start. Perhaps after the engine sounds, add only a single sound at a time, then test in Flash. It may be you have one sound file the Benedini doesn't like. Try to narrow down the faulty behavior to a single cause, otherwise it is impossible to solve the problem.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Amaral

• View Profile
  • Poland
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 10:02:17 AM »
Finally it works. I reflashed TBS firmware. But I must using only sounds from Tomas.

Its no problem - in his TBS file there is cannon sound and crew sounds - thats all I want with engine sound.

I will post vid how it works.

Thx Luke for support.

bomber-explosion