Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
Leopard "Gepard" 35mm Oerlikon gun salvo
« on: March 27, 2018, 05:20:33 PM »
I have 4 Tamiya Gepards ready to be build. these will be controlled by the Openpanzer TCB.

For sound i will be using the Benedini TBS mini and the appropriate sound-set.
Now i noticed that the soundset for the main gun is actually a (soundfile) salvo of 7 - 10 shots for each gun trigger..

Is it possible to have multiple (number adjustable) flashes with certain (adjustable) timing between them on the main gun?
Now it only seems possible to adjust the reload time of the main cannon..
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Leopard "Gepard" 35mm Oerlikon gun salvo
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 08:47:27 PM »
The reload time is used to prevent quick repetition of cannon fire and is intended to be used for IR battle. So that is quite different from what you are proposing.

But yes, what you request is possible. Here again however we are talking about a very unusual use-case the addition of which would be a "feature" to one user and added complication, confusion, and clutter to every other user. So it is not something I deem a good change.

This project is open-source precisely for this kind of one-off application. There is nothing stopping you from modifying the source code slightly for your own requirements. Because you would just be making the changes for yourself, you don't have to make it fancy, we don't have to make complicated interface alterations to OP Config, or update the documentation, or the website, do extensive compatibility testing, create new release files for GitHub, etc, etc, etc... Just download the source and write your own code. You could add this functionality entirely on the TCB side so you don't even have to change the OP Config software which is much more difficult.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs