Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline rockchuck

• View Profile
  • australia
JST - XH 2.5mm pitch connectors need crimping tool
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:17:53 AM »
Hi tankers
does anyone know of where I can get a decent crimping tool for the jst- xh 2.5mm pitch connectors.
I'm in Australia and I have tried Altronics and Jaycar but the tools they have aren't really fit for purpose. They kinda crimp the connectors but the crimp is not good -- very out of shape etc.
I did look at RS Components and they do have a tool but at Aud $752 I think that price is rs so I won't be buying there.

thanks
rockchuck

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
Re: JST - XH 2.5mm pitch connectors need crimping tool
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 01:53:25 PM »
I've been using the Hobbyking one, which is dirt cheap, and the crimps have been really good IMHO.  At least for me, and I've been doing crimps now for what, 40 years?? geez, that is way too long!!  No numbers on the tool, and its been a while since I purchased it.....could look at my history in HK database...perhaps its still there.

Jerry

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: JST - XH 2.5mm pitch connectors need crimping tool
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 04:22:30 PM »
I went through half a dozen tools before I found one that worked well, it's the "TNI-U" brand, model number "TU-190-08."

I bought mine from Amazon (click here) but who knows if they sell it in Australia or not. It's only 25 bucks and the crimps are perfect. It does both just JST-XH and the smaller PH connectors.

I do believe it is a generic Chinese brand that is probably also sold under various other brand names, and may be the same one sold by Hobby King for all I know. Perhaps you can find it on eBay or somewhere similar.

The other thing I have done a lot of is just buy pre-crimped leads from eBay and make your own connectors that way. This is really the easiest way to go. Check out this guy on eBay, he has everything you could want.
TU-190-08.jpg
JST - XH 2.5mm pitch connectors need crimping tool TU-190-08.jpg
Views: 1101
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion