Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline marco-64

• View Profile
  • Italy
spektrum compatible receiver
« on: March 20, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »
My name is Marco and I'm Italian, I apologize for my bad English,
I thank you for accepting me in the forum,
I am part of an RC tank modeling association on a 1: 6 scale "mezzi Grandi"
  I have 2 RC tanks in 1: 6 scale,
  1 PZIII Armortek and a Stuart M5A1 of the twenty centuri toys,
  2 armored cars "lancia lince astura" and "SPA AB41" in WIP self-built in steel
 1 volkswagen beetle

I use Spektrum radio I have a DX8 dsmx,
  I read the wiky in which it is written that there are only 2 compatible receivers 1 the orange 615x, and the other Lemon Rx DSMX Compatible PPM 8-Channel

looking at the spektrum site I found the AR7700 Serial Receiver with PPM/SRXL/Remote Receiver Output (SPMAR7700)
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/storefronts/aircraft-receivers/switch-to-spektrum-receiver-sale/ar7700-serial-receiver-with-ppm-srxl-remote-receiver-spmar7700

I saw two other receivers SPM4648 and SP4949T, but I did not understand if they are true receivers or just satellites

Can it be compatible with the TCB board?

I now use a 3-position switch for the headlights and the notek
 best regards
 Marco

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: spektrum compatible receiver
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:20:20 PM »
Hi Marco, your English is quite good and welcome. The AR7700 receiver you linked should work in PPM mode, thank you for bringing it to my attention and I will add it to the Wiki.

Theoretically we can implement the SRXL protocol someday, the TCB hardware will support it but some code needs to be written first. SRXL would allow more than 8 channels to be read, and would also permit the use of some of the less expensive satellite receivers (such as the SPM4648). I don't own any Spektrum gear so this is something I have never completed. It probably will not get done any time soon if ever, so for now use PPM.

If you decide to use the TCB in one of your large tanks we would love to see it!
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline marco-64

• View Profile
  • Italy
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 07:53:53 AM »
Hi LukeZ

Thanks for the reply,
it is very likely that I will try the TCB,
  given the very accessible costs of the TCB Board and the receiver,
 it's been years in my group that we talk to battle with the IRs,
  maybe it's the right time.

I do not know the tanks 1:16,
  to connect the LEDs for MG and the flash of the cannon do you need the current limiting resistance?
  I do not know if Tamiya - Heng long - torro, insert the resistance on the LED
 thanks e regards
 Marco

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 01:55:18 PM »
You need current-limiting resistor for any LED attached to Aux, L1, L2, BRK and MG ports. They output 5 volts and you can calculate the resistance you need if you know the specifications for your LED.

The FLASH port on the TCB is specifically designed to be used with Taigen's "High Intensity Flash Unit" (maybe also sold under other names in Europe I don't know). This one does not need a resistor because it is not actually an LED.

Finally, there is the IR LED output, this also does not need a resistor, the correct one is already provided on the TCB board.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline marco-64

• View Profile
  • Italy
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 03:10:24 PM »
thanks for the answers,
  I bought from hobbyking 3 tcb, and 3 AR7700 receiver on ebay,
  how I get started with the tests,
  I intend to try them on the PZIII and on the armored car AB41 that has the turret.

Looking for WIKi I found that you had already done a WIKI on current limiters for LEDs,
  I'm sorry if I asked you the question
 Marco

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 11:37:25 PM »
That's ok! Everybody gets one free question. ;)

I don't mind if I think people are at least making an attempt educate themselves, and you clearly have.
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion