Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
Re: Shorty's E8
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2018, 03:52:28 PM »
As far as the last hit taken issue, I was referring to the sound of the tank being destroyed.  The tank shuts off including sound, before the complete sound is done playing.  I had a sound of a burning tank, or fire sound, with the BARC and TBS, the sound would continue to play for a bit even after the engine sound had shut off.  I understand the tank movement stopping right away. 

Just to try the PPM output, would I just plug the cable that is in the ibus now into ch1 on the rx?

Thanks,
Shad

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2018, 03:58:16 PM »
As far as the last hit taken issue, I was referring to the sound of the tank being destroyed.  The tank shuts off including sound, before the complete sound is done playing.  I had a sound of a burning tank, or fire sound, with the BARC and TBS, the sound would continue to play for a bit even after the engine sound had shut off.  I understand the tank movement stopping right away.
Your destroyed sound definitely should play to completion. I will try to do some testing on my end to see if I can reproduce this, might take me several days though.

Just to try the PPM output, would I just plug the cable that is in the ibus now into ch1 on the rx?
Yes, but I believe you also need to enable PPM in you transmitter settings.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2018, 04:22:49 PM »
Sounds great Luke!

I need to take some time and get back on the actual build of the tank.  So a little down time on the electronics will be just fine.  I have all the basics down and wiring so at least I know what I need for room in the tank and where to mount everything as I build. 

Thank you!

Shad

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2018, 07:57:16 AM »
I tried the PPM and no change, just as you thought.  I changed failsafe settings to on and programmed so all sticks would be a zero and set to turn tank sound off.  It does work now.  Just as you stated, the tank can now turn on by itself if tank sound is off and loss of signal, no bi g deal.  It will be fine for now, as least it can run out of control now.  I might look for the other RX you mentioned.  I dont really need the 10 channel anyway, and the 8 is smaller in size too. 

I tried the hit and destroyed sounds withe the tank engine sound off.  It does play the whole destroyed sound.  It seems to cut it short when the tank engine sound is playing.  I am going to try and load some other TBS sounds from another computer they were saved on.  The computer is faulty, so I havent had good luck trying to extract the files from it. 

Thank you,

Shad

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2018, 01:50:36 PM »
I might look for the other RX you mentioned.  I dont really need the 10 channel anyway, and the 8 is smaller in size too.
Actually the FS-A8S receiver supports up to 18 channels in iBus mode so you will have no limitations. It is only called an 8-channel receiver because it is limited to 8 channels in PPM mode, which is the limit for PPM. But if the receiver has iBus/Sbus capability, then whenever it is used in those modes the channel limit is almost never restricted regardless of what the receiver's name might be.

I tried the hit and destroyed sounds withe the tank engine sound off.  It does play the whole destroyed sound.  It seems to cut it short when the tank engine sound is playing.  I am going to try and load some other TBS sounds from another computer they were saved on.
I did a test last night and my destroyed sound played to completion whether the engine was running or not, so I don't know what's going on with your setup. You might try reloading the sounds on to the Benedini just to be double-sure, and also check you don't have any extra settings assigned on the Sounds tab in Flash like loop, dynamic in, or whatever.

Perhaps you can also post the Benedini sounds you're using and I can try to test those (put the .tbs file in a Zip first). Actually if you do that, also include your .tbp (parameter) file.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »
I am just using the Pershing sound file from Benedini and added in your destroyed sound in slot #7 under 1st coder function. 

I played close attention to the last hit, and I dont even hear it while the engine sound is on.  It immediately shuts off.
When the engine sound is not turned on, it plays the destroyed sound completely.

Shad

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 10:46:46 PM »
I am just using the Pershing sound file from Benedini and added in your destroyed sound in slot #7 under 1st coder function.

Even so, please save the resulting sound set (.tbs file) and your parameter (.tbp) file, zip them and post them here. Controlling for all possible variables is the only sane and effective way to perform troubleshooting.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2018, 11:51:13 AM »
Hopefully I did this properly..

Paramset1 with dest sound.zip
(0.22 kB ~ Downloads: 311)
Pershing w hit dest..zip
(737.18 kB ~ Downloads: 310)
OP_TBS_PropSettings.zip
(0.18 kB ~ Downloads: 307)

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 07:51:34 PM »
Yes, those were the correct files.

Experimenting with these and my own sounds, it doesn't appear that the sound files themselves make any difference, which I guess is actually good. What I have discovered is that in fact with any sound set, the behavior you described occurs probably 90% of the time. Apparently in my earlier testing I got lucky and both the engine shut-down sound and the destroyed sound played to completion, but in doing more extensive tests what you experienced is actually more common - the engine shut-down sound for some reason interferes with the destroyed sound.

It's odd that this is so because the commands to the Benedini for the shutdown and destroyed sound are sent over different channels (Prop 2 and Prop 3 respectively). Also it isn't strictly to do with the fact the engine is running, because I can program it to leave the engine running and the destroyed sound will always play. Rather it is something specifically to do with the engine shut-down sound, which interferes with any other sound, not just the destroyed sound. It just so happens we want to play the destroyed sound at the same time as the engine shut-down sound so that is how you discovered the issue.

It may be possible to work around it somehow by putting a delay into the shut-down sound... I may need to consult with Thomas Benedini about it as well. 

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your patience.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2018, 08:14:45 PM »
I am glad it was no me then!  I would think there should be a way to make this work.  I am not sure how exactly these boards work, but I have 2 BARC4s that were paired with the TBS and they would work fine.  I know back then, we played with more settings in the TBS to get the sounds and functions to work.  With the TCB, it seems you have the settings more pre set.  I am not complaining, or trying to compare the TCB to the BARC by any means.  I am confident that you can get it working properly.  Being patient is no problem.  I am very satisfied with they way you have been helping me, Im am sure it can be frustrating at times. 

I am trying to get my old sound files and parameters off my damaged computer.  I would like to try and load one of them.  They were set up on the BARC4 system.  Just to see if they would be any different.

Thanks,
Shad

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2018, 08:52:32 PM »
Here are the props and params I just read off one of my other TBS minis.  They may be of no help.

BARC4 Parameter.zip
(0.17 kB ~ Downloads: 314)
BARC4 Prop set..zip
(0.17 kB ~ Downloads: 304)

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2018, 09:48:44 PM »
It's strange because the BARC configuration puts both the engine start/shutdown sounds and the destroyed sound all on the Prop 3 input where there will necessarily be a conflict.

I've never had a BARC to test, buy I wonder if you remember when the tank was destroyed did the engine shutdown sound play in addition to the destroyed sound, or was it the destroyed sound only?

If I had to guess I would say it must have been the latter...
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2018, 09:57:43 PM »
I will hook a BARC up and try it again.  I seam to think the engine cut out and the destroyed sound played.  I remember being able to hear the burning sounds.  I mess with it some more this weekend.  I think I found how to retrieve my old sounds.

Thanks,
Shad

Offline Shorty54

• View Profile
  • MN, USA
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2018, 09:28:37 AM »
Luke, It works great with my sound setup from my BARC setup running on the TCB.
I think its just changing the sound mode.  I was able to retrieve my old sounds from my broken computer.  I just wrote them to the TBS, and changed the parameters to match the sound locations for the TCB.  To be honest, the sounds seem to sound much better, the driving sounds are very nice.  It could maybe just be how they were recorded though too.  The problem is, its the wrong sound set for my build.  I dont have the wav or file format, so I cant change or re arrange the sounds within the TBS.  I just have the complete file. 

So, I think with a few tweeks, this can work very nicely.  I will need to practice building sound files now.

Thanks,
shad

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2018, 12:40:36 PM »
Luke, It works great with my sound setup from my BARC setup running on the TCB.
Are you saying the engine shutdown and destroyed sounds both now play simultaneously?

I think its just changing the sound mode.
What is this "sound mode" you speak of?
Open Panzer FAQs