Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
Functions & Triggers - direct AUX channel passthrough
« on: January 29, 2018, 03:06:41 PM »
Luke,

I'm trying to do the following: Passing Through a Aux channel - 2 pos switch to the RC output 3.
Now it seems i'm only allowed to use the standard Tank controls (elevation, rotation, engine speed etc.) as a trigger source and not any of the other (AUX)channels.

This would add some very interesting possibilties.. Like opeing cooling flaps or hatches in some situations..

Is this a possibility?

Cheers, John
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Functions & Triggers - direct AUX channel passthrough
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 04:07:25 PM »
Yes, you can do this, just set your aux channel to Analog instead of digital. Then it will appear in the list as a trigger that you can assign to any of the RC pass-through functions.

The "Analog (pot)" description was put there to give the general idea, but you can still use it for a two position switch on your transmitter (or any other kind of control on your transmitter). What it really means is that the full range of the RC signal is going to be passed-through.

When you set an aux channel to a digital switch, what it really means is that the TCB converts it to a logical switch that does something internal to the TCB, so there is no way to pass that through.

Anyway - the terminology can be a bit confusing but bottom line it's no problem to do what you suggest.

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 04:46:20 PM »
Allright! I did not get the clue from the (pot) description.. Thanks.. So now it seems i posted in the wrong section..
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 05:07:04 PM »
That's fine, I just moved it to the general help forum in case anyone else has the same question, which they probably will!
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs